Movie Wednesday: Mary & Martha

by - Wednesday, May 08, 2013

On Monday, I watched this movie.
The story is about a woman who loses her only child because of Malaria. She meets another mother who lost her child to it too. It's their battle against the first killer disease in the world.


I couldn't stop crying for a little while. You feel so powerless and so deceived and I think it can only take some great courage to try and fight this f*cking disease. The situation is bad. Malaria is a killer. I can't believe so many people (mostly children) die because of those stupid mosquitos. I've never like mosquitos before but now I sure do hate them. I knew it was bad but I didn't realize how bad.

"What a mother without a child can actually do."
"We spend every minute of our lives obsessed or angry about things that don't matter at all when I just stood in a room where children are allowed to die of a mosquito bite..."
"I'm not a politician. And I'm not gonna change the world. I'm just a Mom."

If you get a chance, please donate.

You May Also Like

0 little notes