Goal = completed!

by - Sunday, April 29, 2012

This weekend I set a goal to myself: it was important for me to be able to make it on time and entirely complete it to prove to myself that I can really do it if I put my mind fully to it.

The task: IRONING!
I know it may sounds weird or maybe stupid for some but I'm a tiny bit very lazy person when it comes to get things done at home and one of the chores I leave to the last minute is ironing. It's not that I don't like it, it's just that it takes so much time and I'd rather do something else, to tell you the truth.
I had this batch below and a loaded basket (around 50-60 pieces). Only my clothes (that's why I never have anything to wear).

I completed the first batch on Saturday afternoon while BabyLuv was out for his boys weekend. It took me two movies (He's not that into you and ... Oops! I don't remember the other one).
Untitled
Today I started with the basket filled with Summer clothes (yep, I'm that lazy!). It took me two movies too: Julie & Julia + Nights in Rodanthe that I'll talk about in movie posts later next month.
I know now why I left so many Summer clothes: they're so annoying to iron! Aaah!
ironingironingironing
When I saw the basket empty, I was so relieved and happy but mostly proud of what I accomplished: I did it! I did it! I achieved my goal, on time and COMPLETELY! I couldn't be happier. Seeing my closet so full of clothes made me realize how much I have too. I didn't know I had so many clothes. A few that I ironed today are too small and I'll probably do some sort of blog yard sale. Maybe.
ironingironing
I think crossing this line that had been on every single lists I've ever written was the most amazing part. I can finally set up my reminder to once a week and not once a day, because to be honest, it's not like I'll never have to iron again! *wink*
ironing

You May Also Like

0 little notes