Restaurant A Capella

by - Saturday, March 12, 2011

When we moved to Gent in 2007, we received a map of all the pubs there and BabyLuv & I decided that we'd go to all of them. Unfortunately the map teared when I tried to move it to another wall and I had to throw it away.
Early November 2009, I got a new similar map but it pointed all the Gentse restaurants! This was just perfect because we adore going to the restaurant. So we decided to try every restaurant in town. What a challenge! We're on the right track already and we still go to our favorite places often but we like to try a different one now and then.

We always go to the center to eat out and even if I love it, I wanted to get to know what was in our neighborhood. I thought there were not too many restaurants but there are! some are a little hidden, some are visible from the street. There were three that I heard of and wanted to try out.

We chose tonight to go to the closest one called A Capella. I love the name, it's so pretty.
We weren't sure at first if it was a tea-room or a café or a restaurant. We went there by foot, what a privilege! We entered and it was like entering in a time machine: there are beautiful paintings from a local artist, decoration from the 70s, wooden chairs, big windows and a lovely garden/terrace.
We chose to eat in the tiny corner next to the garden, it felt comfy at once.
The service was nice though we had to wait a bit long. We chose an entrée and a main course. Peter had smoked ham and salmon and pasta with shrimps and I had some fish pâté and gratin with its vegetables. It was pretty good but they put celery in the vegetables and I get sick when I eat any.

IMG_7758
IMG_7765IMG_7766
IMG_7761
IMG_7768IMG_7770
IMG_7763IMG_7762IMG_7764

A Capella
Godshuizenlaan 33
9000 Gent
tel : +32 (0)9 233 77 76
info@acapella-gent.be

Specialties: fish, French-Belgian cuisine.
Atmosphere: comfy & joyful.
Service: a lit long, but fair.
Food: good.
Bathroom: -

Open Wednesday - Sunday 11.30 - 01.00
Kitchen is open: from 12.00 to 14.30 & 18.00 to 22.00
Last order on Sundays: 21.00

You May Also Like

0 little notes